for Combat Control School
Only males can apply. Applicants must be a U. S. Citizen and eligible for a secret security clearance.
• Must join the Air Force before their 28th birthday. If a person has any military time, it is subtracted from their age, if result is less than 28 he can still join. For example, person is 31 but had 4-yrs active duty. Subtract 4 from 31 = 27.
Height & Weight
• Minimum height 4'10" up to a maximum height of 6'8"
• Maximum weight in compliance with Air Force standards,
(maximum weight for jump school is 250 pounds)
Flight Physical and Vision Requirements
• Pass the standard military physical, and must pass a Class III Flight Physical
• At least 20/70 or better in both eyes and both correctable to 20/20 with glasses
• Waiver possibilities: If one eye is 20/70 or better and the other no worse than 20/200, or if both eyes are no worse than 20/100
• Must have normal color vision
(PRK and LASEK surgery is approved by the Air Force. The Applicant must wait one year after the procedure, pre and post conditions must be met. LASIK is not approved for military freefall.)
Physical Ability Stamina Test (PAST)
PAST requirements are designed to test for a minimum fitness level for entry into the CCT/SOWT/PJ training pipeline. CCT/PJ candidates should continue to train throughout their cross-training application and the recruiting process, to exceed these minimums in order to enhance their chances of success.
• 2 x 25 meter underwater (pass/fail, 3 min between each) with 10 min rest
• 500 meter swim (freestyle, breaststroke, sidestroke),
max time 11 min 42 sec with 30 min rest
• 1.5 mile run, max time 10 min 10 sec with 10 min rest
• Pull-ups in 1 min, 8 x minimum reps with 3 min rest
• Sit-ups in 2 min, 48 x minimum reps with 3 min rest
• Push-ups in 2 min, 48 x minimum reps with 3 min rest